Donald Trump calls ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest ‘a very sad thing’ and ‘so bad for the Royal Family’

Donald Trump calls ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest ‘a very sad thing’ and ‘so bad for the Royal Family’

US president Donald Trump has said he was ‘very sad’ to see Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

The ex-prince was detained on his 66th birthday after British police raided his luxurious estate in Sandringham on Thursday.

Speaking to reporters on Air Force One, Trump said: ‘I think it’s a shame. I think it’s very sad. I think it’s so bad for the Royal Family. It’s very, very sad. To me, it’s a very sad thing.’

The President praised King Charles III as a fantastic person who’s obviously coming to our country very soon.’

Trump also claimed he was ‘totally exonerated’ after the release of files related to Jeffrey Epstein. The president came under renewed pressure today for the US to make similar arrests after British police took action against Andrew.

The British former royal faced renewed scrutiny over his relationship with Epstein after the Justice Department released three million documents related to the financier last month.

A photograph of Andrew lying on the floor with a young woman emerged as part of the DOJ’s Epstein document release.

Andrew was released from custody on Thursday evening after spending nearly the entire day in police custody. He became the first senior royal to be arrested in modern times.

Charles and his heir, Prince William, are expected to visit the US in late April as the royal family faces their most troubling scandal since the death of Princess Diana.

In a statement released minutes after Andrew’s departure, British police authorities said ‘a man in his sixties’ has been released but is under investigation.

A spokesman for Thames Valley Police noted that authorities had finished conducting a search in Norfolk near Andrew’s new residence, Wood Farm.

The former Duke of York was reportedly arrested over allegations he passed sensitive information to Epstein while acting as a trade envoy for the British government.

The King was not given any prior warning of Andrew’s arrest, it emerged today, although the Daily Mail revealed Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood’s team was informed by a senior officer early this morning.

The monarch said in an unprecedented statement that ‘the law must take its course’ after expressing his ‘deepest concern’ after his younger brother was held on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

Charles said: ‘I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.

‘What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

‘Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

‘As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all’.

‘What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

‘Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

‘As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all’.

About Mr Finix 184137 Articles
A prominent young man who graduated from University of Abuja, Studied Bsc. Economics, A Professional Fashion/Commercial Runway Model as well as a Pro-Basketballer...

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.