Avoid Black Market Fuel On The Road, It Will Damage Your Vehicle NNPC Advices
Internal combustion engine vehicles get its power from these complex combustion processes. When this process is disrupted, there will be no proper combustion, the ignition will be interrupted and lots more. All these can cause performance related problems in cars and in extreme cases, it can damage the vehicle totally.
Bad fuel does not properly combust and these are effects of bad fuel in a car:
1. Reduced engine power: Bad fuel will not burn and combust as high-quality ones. As a result, it will reduce the performance of the engine as well as power. The healthy fuel is needed for the proper combustion.
Anything less will mask normal engine performance and will reduce the engine power.
2. Hard-starting/Difficulty in starting up: Hard start is another symptom of bad fuel in the fuel tank. Ignition depends on steady flow of clean, high-quality fuel in the cylinder. Bad fuel with low octane or high in water content can prevent a car from starting properly.
3. Engine hesitation: The engine tends to hesitate especially when you want to accelerate. The car will not respond because something is wrong somewhere. Fuel with insufficient octane will reduce combustibility and hence will cause the engine to hesitate.
4. Engine pinging: One of the major symptoms of bad fuel in a car is engine pinging, or knocking. This occurs as a result of incomplete combustion. There is no sufficient burning of fuel and air mixture inside the engine cylinders. This will result to pinging, especially when accelerating.
5. Illumination of the check engine light: Bad fuel in a car can be one of the numerous causes of check engine light on the dashboard of your car.
6. Reduced fuel economy.
7. Higher emission; To avoid all these wahalas, we advise you always use the correct octane for your car and you should always buy fuel from a reputable gas station. Black market is known to be the deadliest fuel you can use for your car.
Some gas stations are filled with scam. Their common scam is to fill their underground tank with premium fuel and then dilute it with lots of lower octane fuel. Don’t be a victim.