Creating a smokey eye is one of the hardest beauty things to do. It takes a lot of practice and repetition to perfect, and it definitely helps to know what you are doing.
Here are some tips to help you create a smokey eye.
1. Use a natural hair brush to pick up an eyeshadow and starting from the outer crease area, blend your way in to stop in the middle of your whole crease, this creates a faded look. (PS: don’t use a synthetic hair brush, this tends to pick up an eyeshadow in a larger quantity which will mess up your look.)
2. Leave your inner crease free of eyeshadow to accentuate your outer crease.
3. Taking a darker shade of your initial colour, create a blend over you lower outer crease.
4. Using a free brush blend over your entire crease area, this fades and creates a more diluted smokey eye, creating a more grungy and edgy look, and makes you look good without looking like you tried.
5. Using a translucent powder, create a blend from the outer edge of your eye to the out edge of your brown, this makes your smokey eye more intensified.
6. Be sure to dust off specs of eyeshadow from your lashes before applying mascara.
7. You can apply darker shades of your eyeshadow as many times as you want to really make your look pop to your satisfaction.