Reports say the phone was too large for him to digest and his life was in danger because its corrosive battery acid could have leaked into his stomach.
A 33-year-old man is struggling for his life after he swallowed an entire mobile phone.
The man managed to swallow a Nokia 3310 phone said to be an early 2000s model made by the former Finnish company.
Doctors in Kosovo, a Balkan state, had to assist him after the phone became lodged in his stomach.
The bizarre item is said to be one of many items which people swallow – despite it including small buttons and batteries.
Reports say the phone was “too large for him to digest” and his life was in danger because its corrosive battery acid could have leaked into his stomach.
Medical team leader Skender Teljaku shared photos on Facebook of the phone after it was removed, as well as X-ray and endoscope images while it was still inside.
He removed the foreign object without cutting into the stomach by taking it out in three pieces with endoscopy.